Every year we get hundreds of enquiries for year end functions – most of them very last minute. And each year the planners tell me: "Next year, we will start planning earlier!" Needless to say, that hardly ever happens and I'll yet again get frantic phone calls in October and even as late as November and December asking me for availability. (You don't want to end up having your year end party on a Monday and there are only so many Fridays and Saturdays in November and December before Cape Town shuts down on Friday the 15th of December!) We ended up hosting year end functions for 2016 in January 2017 and some companies are even considering Christmas in July this year.
Herewith some pointers to make sure your year end party is a memorable one – for all the right reasons!
- Cocktail celebration vs. sit down dinner & dance.
- Number of attendees you need to accommodate.
- Area (Cape Town CBD vs. Stellenbosch wine farm).
- Date: Would you like your event during the week (day or evening event) or on a weekend. Most popular day during the week is a Thursday, and the most popular day during the weekend (especially for a formal sit down) is a Saturday night.
- Budget: There's always a budget. Ask your finance department to give you an indication. Exclusive venue hire in Cape Town vary between R20 000 & R185 000 so consider this when taking into account your overall budget for the event.
Once you have the above info you can send us your brief and we'll be able to suggest venue options for you based on availability and #BOOM – Year End Party venue and date booked! Once this is confirmed you have the rest of the year to plan the menu, theme, welcome drinks, entertainment and finer details.
We've decided to feature Cartel Rooftop situated at 71 Waterkant Street in this article to give you an idea of what we can do here.
Capacity: Cocktail Style – 200 pax | Seated dinner & dance – 120 pax
The picture in this article was taken by Daniela Zondagh for The Aleit Group - Event Coordination: The Aleit Group, Styling & Décor: a | Create, Catering: Stir food, Staffing: Shake & Serve, Photography: Daniela Zondagh – Joe/Dan Photography, Venue: Cartel Rooftop Bar.
Look forward to hosting you.